The Physical buttons feel great, and Python is so nice both for software and hardware.
The full video can be found in the reddit post here
Some simple notes:
- The raspberry pico can be run with micropython or circuitpython, so I can control it with python
- The macro keypad connects with the pc as a midi device
- TAPython Plugin connects this "midi device" with python library mido, which is great and easy to use.
- My editor midi listener, which is at the upper center of the video, receives the midi message and sends it to all my python tools subscribers which do the actual jobs.
- The midi device has an input and an output device, so we can control the pico from UE editor: D
And I think I should write a more detailed page next week